As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
New York Media’s engagement team is looking for a temporary social media coordinator to manage Curbed and Grub Street’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. This position will be 30 hours per week for two months, beginning in December. This person will report to New York Magazine’s engagement editor.
**Job responsibilities: **
- Write and post/schedule 10 Instagram posts each week to the Curbed instagram, based on recently published stories or successful evergreens that are newly relevant. Work with Curbed editors to determine what to post.
- Use SocialFlow to promote new stories on Curbed and Grub Street’s Facebook and Twitter.
- Every weekday afternoon, schedule evening promotion.
- Every Friday, schedule 20-30 Curbed facebook and twitter posts to run throughout the weekend. Work with Curbed editor to pull evergreen stories to re-circulate.
- Once a day, scan Twitter and retweet relevant posts from other NYM sites.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a temporary, 30 hours/week position. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.