Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
Quick: What are three books that have influenced you, and you’d recommend to others?
Just kidding. Sort of. The Ezra Klein Show is looking for a researcher to help expand the show’s scope and depth. This is a role for someone who loves listening to podcasts and reading obscure academic books, who is omnivorous in their interests and delights in new ideas, who loves researching weird questions and popularizing forgotten thinkers.
What you'll do:
In this role, you’ll work closely with Ezra Klein, sourcing guests, researching to support interviews and articles, working on transcripts, and helping with promotion and distribution. You’ll be a part of the Vox podcast department and will occasionally work with larger show teams to provide research assistance for new narrative productions and assist on other conversation shows as needed.
Vox values thinkers, creatives, and obsessives from all backgrounds. We are looking to hire the right person — not the right résumé. We encourage those with diverse and nontraditional experience to apply.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, please provide a list of three guests you’d like to see on The Ezra Klein Show (don’t go for obvious names like Elon Musk or Donald Trump), your three favorite episodes of the show so far (and why), and links or clips of your best writing.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong point of view on what topics and guests would make for compelling episodes of the Ezra Klein Show
- Great curiosity for a wide variety of topics
- A willingness to listen to a lot of podcasts, watch a lot of YouTube videos, and read a lot of books to find great voices to book on the show
- Interpersonal skills for working with hosts and booking guests
- Thorough research abilities and experience
- A passion for helping the audience understand complex policies and ideas
- Familiarity with Vox’s voice and style
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write show descriptions, promotional plans for episodes, and summaries and transcripts of interviews for vox.com
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency on Pro-Tools is a plus
This is a full-time role at Vox.com with flexibility on location.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.