Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media's SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs new leadership, and that's where you come in.
Bullets Forever, the SB Nation blog covering the Washington Wizards, is looking for a new manager. The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site's Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Wizards storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Wizards and news and is already familiar with Bullets Forever.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a remote, part-time contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. To apply, please submit a resume detailing any writing and/or management experience, a cover letter that explains why you're the best fit for the role, and a basketball-related writing sample. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we're looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, please apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.