Manager, Solutions Engineering
Vonage Sales Mission: We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environments. Our team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Solutions Engineering provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Vonage sales efforts. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Vonage business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities. The Manager, Solutions Engineering, brings this to life by contributing to solutions design and development and guiding the work of a team of Solutions Engineers.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
· Provide direction to a team of dedicated Solutions Engineers.
· Oversee the full range of Solutions Engineering activity, including:
o Working with sales, marketing and other stakeholders to understand sales objectives, targeted customers and business priorities,
o Ensuring sales representatives have the requisite technical understanding of Vonage products and services,
o Assisting with proposal development and preparation of associated statements of work,
o Ensuring clients have technical and operational understanding of products pre- and post-purchase,
o Monitoring product and service effectiveness and working with customers to improve operational effectiveness.
· Engage with Vonage senior leadership and key sales, business and technical stakeholders to help craft Solutions Engineering strategies, objectives and priorities.
· Drive top-line revenue by promoting and selling into the current customer base.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
· Help create and document Solutions Engineering operating policies, procedures and systems.
· Package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership and published assets to help improve Solutions Engineering processes and practices.
What you will bring
· Strong understanding of Vonage products and services: UCaas, IaaS, VoIP and managed WAN & LAN.
· Track record in account management particularly relating to revenue growth and retention.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
· Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex product and service-related situations.
· Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
· Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to:
o Think strategically but stay on top of tactical initiatives and solutions.
o Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
o Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors and customers.
What is required for application
· Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or related discipline.
· Prior experience in a leadership role.
· Master’s degree.
· Data Networking, SIP, Cloud Computing or related certifications.
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Potential Next Career Move**:** Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering
Note__: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.