UnboundEd is dedicated to ensuring that education systems disrupt systemic racism by providing students of color meaningful, engaging and affirming grade-level instruction. We are a team of former classroom teachers, curriculum writers, and school and program leaders dedicated to empowering educators to meet the challenges set by higher standards, unfinished instruction, and institutional racism. We provide immersive instructional equity professional development, free high-quality standards-aligned resources for the classroom, and other professional learning opportunities for teachers, coaches, and leaders. We thrive in working collaboratively and work to dismantle white supremist structures within our own organization and within the education system.
The Manager, SEED Research Project serves as the strategic and technical support for an important new (federal grant-based) initiative, the Math Identity Leadership Accelerator (MILA) program, focused on transforming how principals and other school leaders raise math achievement. MILA aims to assist these leaders in designing and implementing collaborative planning teams to raise educators’ awareness and ability to teach multiple problem-solving strategies in a culturally responsive manner. This is the ideal opportunity for a skilled project manager to support the Vice President, Research, Strategy Evaluation, who serves as the strategic and technical lead for both the MILA program and the US ED Supporting Effective Educator Development (SEED) research project which funds it. Together, the Vice President, Research, Strategy and Evaluation, and this position will help implement a powerful program grounded in the intersection of evidence-based math content and culturally responsive instruction, and UnboundEd’s deep experience providing excellent standards-aligned immersive training and instructional resources.
UnboundEd is a virtual organization and this employee can be based anywhere in the United States. UnboundEd has core business hours where we expect all staff to be available from 10 am to 5 pm ET and occasional travel is required.
The essential responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Research Design and Implementation
- Establish and/or implement and maintain the system and tools needed to develop, manage and monitor the overall project plan.
- Manage the overall project plan and all associated management structures, monitoring key milestones and grant deliverables; establish project information sharing structures and routines
- Work with the Content, Technology, Implementation and Research teams to maintain progress tracking over time.
- Collaborate across internal teams to ensure appropriate content development, implementation of the program, and reporting timelines are met for MILA program development, implementation and SEED research.
- Schedule meetings and maintain relationships between internal staff, external collaborators and participants, as needed, to effectively implement all aspects of the MILA program from launch through evaluation.
- Organize and manage cross-functional meetings, as well as the tools and systems used to support the effectiveness of these meetings (e.g., agendas, document/artifact storage on a shared drive, etc.)
Support MILA Program Partnerships Manager by helping to maintain strong relationships with the MILA program participants and partners:
- Schedule regular check-ins with participants and partners.
- Collect/Manage feedback, resources, and thought partnership to participants and partners.
- Disseminate key materials to relevant, key audiences as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, with Masters’ preferred, from an accredited college or university in education leadership, teacher education development, research and evaluation, or a related field, and a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience project managing large-scale education projects with multiple stakeholders
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired, but not required
- Proven experience with defining and maintaining accountability metrics
- Other equivalent combinations of relevant experience and training will also be considered
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to UnboundEd’s vision and core values
- Learning orientation and commitment toward diversity, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of urban school environments
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a virtual, remote environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and partners across geographies and time zones
- Willingness to work alongside a dynamic, highly collaborative and mission-driven team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications and online collaboration tools such as Slack, Basecamp and/or Teamwork
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
UnboundEd offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, and a generous benefits package that includes take-as-you-need vacation and sick time, group medical, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance plans, and an employer-sponsored 401K retirement plan with an annual 3% match. This is an exempt full-time position with an annual salary range of $70,000 - $115,000.
UnboundEd’s Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
UnboundEd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply to our positions. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort, particularly individuals who have lived or worked in underserved urban communities.