UnboundEd is dedicated to ensuring that education systems disrupt systemic racism by providing students of color meaningful, engaging and affirming grade-level instruction. We are a team of former classroom teachers, curriculum writers, and school and program leaders dedicated to empowering educators to meet the challenges set by higher standards, unfinished instruction, and institutional racism. We provide immersive instructional equity professional development, free high-quality standards-aligned resources for the classroom, and other professional learning opportunities for teachers, coaches, and leaders. We thrive in working collaboratively and work to dismantle white supremist structures within our own organization and within the education system.
The Director, MILA Program Partnerships is an important part of the MILA Program team, which is both an UnboundEd program and a federal grant-funded research project. Reporting to the Vice President, Research, Strategy and Evaluation, the Director, MILA Program Partnerships is responsible for ensuring that all school systems and districts participating in the MILA Program as part of the grant-funded research have the information and guidance they need to fully participate in the program and provide the necessary data for research and grant reporting. The MILA program is focused on transforming how principals and other school leaders raise math achievement, and aims to assist these leaders in designing and implementing collaborative planning teams to raise educators’ awareness and ability to teach multiple problem-solving strategies in a culturally relevant/responsive manner. This position is an ideal opportunity for someone who is a strong relationship builder and can successfully toggle between the educational programming landscape and the research and evaluation field.
UnboundEd is a virtual organization and this employee can be based anywhere in the United States. UnboundEd has core business hours where we expect all staff to be available from 10 am to 5 pm ET and occasional travel is required.
The essential responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
School/District System Partnerships, Engagement and Collaboration
- Serve as the main point of contact for MILA program school/district system partners
- In conjunction with the Vice President, Research, Strategy and Evaluation, define the short- and long-term goals for school/district system partnerships, engagement and collaboration, data-sharing arrangements and establish progress tracking over time.
- Work closely with each of the main and secondary points of contact in the MILA program districts and participants; understand and work within each district's unique context.
- Understand both the MILA program and research project to confidently translate participation and reporting requirements to school/district system partners.
- Lead regular in-person or virtual check-ins with all MILA program school/district system partners and participants; problem solve as necessary and help remove barriers to their participation in the MILA program and/or the research project.
- Provide responsive, empathetic support to our district partners through problem‐solving and thought‐partnership.
Communications Infrastructure and Coordination
- Lead the creation of systems and processes necessary to keep MILA program team and school/district system partners informed
- Coordinate interactions and check-ins between districts, schools and with our external evaluation partner, HUMRRO.
- Regularly collaborate cross functionally within UnboundEd and send out communications to appropriate internal and external stakeholders regarding meetings, updates, MILA program and research project status and other key information
- Collect and synthesize information from MILA program school/district system partners for use by the MILA program and research project teams
- Bachelor’s degree, with a Master’s degree preferred, from an accredited college or university in education, education policy, teacher development, research, or a related field and five (5) years of professional experience, with at least two (2) years demonstrated experience working alongside or in service of state education agencies, school districts, or charter management organizations.
- Experience navigating the complexities of education systems and working with their leaders to implement large-scale reform efforts.
- Equivalent combination of experience and training will be considered.
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to UnboundEd’s vision and core values
- Learning orientation and commitment toward diversity, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of urban school environments
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a virtual, remote environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and partners across geographies and time zones
- Willingness to work alongside a dynamic, highly collaborative and mission-driven team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Google-based applications and online collaboration tools such as Slack, Basecamp and/or Teamwork
- Development and delivery of large and small group presentations, to a range of stakeholders, including district leadership.
- Facilitated conversations with district leadership, internal teams, and external partners, focused on strategy development and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups and individuals and the ability to work effectively with educators and partner organizations, and with people at all organizational levels (e.g. school district senior leaders, content experts, peers).
- Working knowledge of national education policy and public education reform topics.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
UnboundEd offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, and a generous benefits package that includes take-as-you-need vacation and sick time, group medical, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance plans, and an employer-sponsored 401K retirement plan with an annual 3% match. This is a three-year, exempt full-time position, contingent upon annual grant renewal, with an annual salary range of $100,000 - $155,000.
UnboundEd’s Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
UnboundEd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply to our positions. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort, particularly individuals who have lived or worked in underserved urban communities.