Why Join Us?
Be a hero for our rare disease patients
Ultragenyx is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases. The company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of small molecule, monoclonal antibody, mRNA and gene therapy candidates with the potential to address debilitating genetic diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are typically no approved therapies treating the underlying disease.
Developing new treatments for rare genetic diseases is challenging work. It takes courage, talent, and dedication to look past the easy answers and uncover new solutions that can make a meaningful impact. At Ultragenyx we push each other to perform at our very best, because we never lose sight of our mission – to make a difference in our patients’ lives.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities! During the COVID-19 Outbreak we are committed to our hiring process. The health and safety of our employees and prospective employees take priority which means at this time our process will include WebEx video discussions, interviews & onboarding.
ultrainnovative - Tackle rare and dynamic challenges
Ultragenyx is actively expanding its US Commercial Field Team responsible for the promotion of MEPSEVII indicated for MPSVII and Crysvita indicated for X-Linked Hypophosphatemia. The Commercial Field Team will represent Ultragenyx in the Rare Disease Community. Each Field Team member will be provided a geography of responsibility. We are seeking for driven individuals with the desire to run their own business within a specified geography. These individuals will have strong business acumen, be able to drive change through innovative approaches, demonstrate excellent communication skills and consistently deliver sales results.
We are seeking to build a Commercial Field Team comprised of individuals who are skilled at running a business and understand the key drivers for business optimization and success.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of identifying and harnessing business opportunities for efficient growth across diverse landscapes. This role is a rare and unique opportunity for the individual who excels in a patient focused environment.
The priorities within each geography will vary based upon the local environment. It will be the responsibility of the Commercial Field Team Member to determine what the key priorities are within their geography, create a business plan that is organizationally approved and implement this personally designed plan of action, to the highest standards.
Responsiblities, including but not limited to:
- Serve as territory business owner with a focus upon impact and territory analysis. Other key areas of focus include optimizing: i) patient diagnosis and care, ii) educating and expanding the healthcare provider community, iii) treatment fulfillment
- Proactively builds effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from multiple stakeholders; ability to understand people’s emotions and flex communication style. Can adjust their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals.
- Engage with US based current and potential thought-leaders on marketing and other commercial initiatives guided by Ultragenyx policies, SOPs and compliance.
- Drive patient identification and market development for Crysvita by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans. Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business. Is able to effectively prioritize time, activities, and resources to optimize accounts with the most sales potential.
- Ability to present clinical data in front of a large audience
- Educate physicians, nurses and pharmacists on XLH and Crysvita clinical data
- Collaborate with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, and patient care centers to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer
- Able to set up buy and bill accounts as needed
- Ensure patients get access to commercial (reimbursed) therapy
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to build individual account plans on how to approach their customers, achieve sales goals, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results.
- Collaborate with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; post launch be able to develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
- Executes programs, high impact in-services, and lunch-and-learns for their territory.
- Determines and implements suitable travel schedule and call plan on a daily/weekly basis to ensure both adequate and highly effective coverage for all key accounts.
- Engage 1:1 with academic, regional and community HCPs and supportive staff on topics related to the company, unbranded, and branded disease and clinical initiatives
- Experience contributing to the organization at a national level...above and beyond the sales performance
- Engage with US based current and potential thought-leaders on marketing and other commercial initiatives guided by Ultragenyx polices
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of science and business skills experience
- 5+ years of progressive business experience in the healthcare or biotech industry, inclusive of 3 years of field-based experience in account management, sales, and/or field reimbursement. Rare disease experience is preferred.
- A successful and documented track record
- Preferred - Master’s Degree in Science or Business, MBA and/or Medical Degree
- Strategic business acumen and natural leader
- Clinical knowledge expertise
- Work cross functionally & collaboratively with internal stakeholders including; marketing, medical, clinical operations, and patient services.
- Ability to collaborate with different stakeholders to achieve the same goals
- Demonstrated experience effectively presenting clinical/scientific information required
- Approximately 50% (dependent on geography) travel is required; overnight travel is required as needed
Functional Competencies (knowledge/skills/abilities):
- As a leader focused on Rare Diseases, the incumbent is expected to have, develop and apply the following functional competencies to a medium-to-advanced level of proficiency:
- Market, Disease, Product Knowledge and Proficiency
- Business Analytics and Insights
- Customer Understanding, especially Patient
- Field Operational Planning
- Customer Engagement