Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will be a key contributor to our user facing growth services, including supporting many of the key touchpoints of our students that are interested in joining the Udacity ecosystem. You will be working with a focused team that is responsible for a world wide solution. You'll be developing for the infrastructure that is serving our site and building innovative products that highlight Udacity's unique advantages.
- Explore new feature development and help scale our front end
- Find compelling ways to expose Udacity's unique advantages to potential students
- Compose high performance code designed to scale
- Realize growth experiments and manage the entire lifecycle of experiments
- Research and find ways to make the FE infrastructure more scalable, both organizationally and technically
What we value:
- _5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Deep experience with a modern web framework
- A solid understanding of how websites work from the client to server, up and down the stack
- A user-centric and empathetic mentality for building products
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.