Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Senior Full-Stack Product Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our most important product: Our students’ learning experience. The Udacity classroom itself is a large, modern React application on the frontend, and a large Node graphql service providing the primary api gateway for the frontend, and a mixture of supporting microservices written in Node and GoLang
- Design, build, ship, and maintain new and existing features and infrastructure supporting Udacity’s classroom and students
- Develop and maintain comprehensive monitoring, alerting, and incident response protocols for your services
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the classroom experience team and across the engineering organization
- You have five or more years of experience working in a product-oriented software engineering role
- You are a very good communicator, able to express complex technical ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- You have demonstrated expertise in designing, building, delivering, and maintaining reliable and performant microservices. We’re not as interested in experience with specific languages or frameworks as we are in your engineering skill and demonstrated ability to ship, but you’d primarily be working with React, Node, GraphQl, go, Postgresql, Redis, and Kafka.
- You thrive on fast-moving, autonomous product teams
- You are a self-starter, able to identify problems and opportunities for solving them
- You are passionate about your users’ experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.