Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We are an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be a key contributor fueling our growth engine. You'll be working with a small team that is responsible for a world wide solution. You'll be responsible for improving the infrastructure that serves our site and for building innovative products that highlight Udacity's unique advantages. We are looking for a strong engineer with great potential and a willingness to learn, take risks, and help the team succeed.
- Drive new feature development and help scale our front end
- Find compelling ways to expose Udacity's unique advantages to potential students
- Write high performance code designed to scale
- Execute growth experiments and manage the entire lifecycle of an experiments
- Constantly find ways to make the FE infrastructure more scalable, both organizationally and technically.
- 2+ years of javascipt or related languages
- Experience in a modern web framework.
- Understanding of how websites work from the client to server, up and down the stack.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.