Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Product Escalations Lead (PEL) to shepherd and handle all internal customer escalations to the Product teams. Reporting to the Head of Product Operations, you will be the primary interface for the Twilio executive team and other leaders across the company with regards to customer escalations. As an Escalations Lead, your main responsibilities will be to bring structure and focused attention to the customer's problems with the right sense of urgency and ensure communication loops are in place.
You are someone who has:
- Proven track record in escalation management with defined operational procedures for increasing the efficiency of task accomplishment
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Can take full ownership of their functional issues and offer high quality solutions and are champions for proactive improvement that improve customer experience.
- Is organized: you are skilled at blocking and tackling, managing complex cross-functional projects end-to-end at scale
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile highly cross-functional environment
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Consistently takes initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of programs
- Ideally has 3+ years of relevant experience
As the Product Escalations Lead, you will:
- Be the go-to contact for all executive escalations coming to the Product team
- Own triaging the incoming escalations and ensure there is clear ownership of the issue resolution and understanding of SLA commitments
- Ensure the customer is heard throughout the escalation process by establishing correct expectations, enforcing relief and providing effective communication
- Ensure the relevant team is handling the escalation with the appropriate urgency (i.e. in adherence with SLA commitments) and ensure progress is being communicated back to the person escalating, executive team AND to the customer
- Ensure each issue has an RFO, and betterments being put in place are good betterments and hold the teams accountable to actually drive implementation of those betterments
- Leverage your analytical and data skills to dive deep into open issues and work with relevant stakeholders to evaluate escalation performance metrics and identify trends and provide recommendations to avoid the issues to persist in future.
We have a unique culture where all of R&D operates in independent small teams that are cross-functionally staffed and given the freedom to run as fast as they can. Twilio is growing rapidly, the number of initiatives that Twilio takes on is growing, and the number of small teams is growing. This person will enable these small teams to resolve customer issues in a timely manner and ensure we are communicating sufficiently to ensure an optimal customer experience.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Communication is at the heart of every business. The creativity of developers in embedding communications into their businesses is unbounded. As a result, Twilio’s growth is unbounded meaning we will take on bigger, broader, bolder initiatives making you and your team’s success an invaluable reason for Twilio to keep growing.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.