Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Principal HR Business Partner to partner with our G&A functions including Finance, Legal and People. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team, reporting to the Sr. Director, HRBP (G&A) and partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People team.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of driving business-driven talent strategy, programs and processes and who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 7+ years as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and federal, state, and local employment laws (global employment law knowledge is a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results.
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to operate independently, but a preference to succeed collectively with intelligent people who challenge you to do your best work.
As Principal HR Business Partner aligned with our G&A functions, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Understand the current state, future state, gaps and priorities to support exceeding business goals for the functions you partner with. Ensure all we do aligns with the Twilio culture, making for an overall great employee experience within G&A.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide thought leadership and coaching regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Team to develop solutions, programs and policies. Identify training and coaching needs within the functions you partner with to enable long-term strategic business outcomes.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in partnership with our Legal and Employee Relations teams. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- BE BOLD: Partner with HR COEs and business leaders to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions. Provide guidance and input on business unit org design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.