As a Support Consultant, you will work as part of the Services Team reporting to the Services Manager.
We are looking to recruit a Support Consultant to join our Services Team, working to support our customers (universities) and the wider Talis business. This role will also give you the opportunity to shape your role within the Services Team.
The successful candidate will deliver excellent consultative support to both our existing and new customers. The role will be challenging and rewarding, as you work to understand and meet customer requirements enabling them to successfully implement and use Talis products within their university.
Your responsibilities will include providing:
- Outstanding customer service, communicating with customers via telephone, and ticket-based contact channels
- Consultative support - ability to assess customer's support needs, then provide solutions or refer them to other team members
- Pre-sales support
- Plan, deliver and evolve onsite and online training
While our whole Services Team has a collective responsibility for all customers globally, you'll have a specific focus on those in similarly aligned timezones and will be based in Australia or New Zealand. Liaising with our universities based there and communicating that back to the wider business.
Who are Talis?
Talis (a wholly-owned subsidiary of SAGE Publishing) is an edTech company focused on applying technology to make teaching and learning more connected in higher education. We help universities, libraries, faculty and students to connect to the digital resources they teach and learn with, but more importantly to collaborate and engage with these resources.
We have an established and market-leading presence in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. We have well over 1.5 million students and over 100,000 academics using our products every day.
We are a fully distributed team of passionate people with a culture that is informal. We have a fairly flat structure and we value accountability, delivering impact, transparency, collaboration and solving meaningful problems and customers success.
You will be excited by transforming our impact into higher education globally and be looking for a role that both inspires and challenges you.
- You will have a passion for helping universities establish a service to deliver the maximum return
- You will understand the importance of clear Customer Service
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust communication to the audience
- You will have good negotiation and customer care management skills
- You will be a self-starter who recognises and enjoys new challenges
- You will have good time management skills and ability to adapt between reactive tasks and the day-to-day
- Prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and be a team player
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a natural problem solver
- Working with the UK team will involve flexibility in working hours by both teams
- Travel to the UK as required
- You will have experience delivering training both in-person and online
- Willing and able to travel to Universities across APAC to deliver training and support events as required.
- 🏠 Fully distributed (work remotely forever...but we will get together periodically when things are safe)
- 🙌 Work with a talented and fun team of people on 3 continents
- 💯 Ownership and impact - Autonomy and visibility of the impact you're having
- 👍 Flat hierarchies, open and transparent culture, quick and empowered decision-making, a values-based company that uses words like trust, accountability and customer success and actually lives them
- 🖥️ Choose your own setup (Mac or PC), we'll also help you get a good wfh setup
- 🕒 Flexible working hours
- 🏖 A flexible annual leave policy that ensures you get the rest and time out you need.
- 🔍 Radical transparency - every team communicates progress weekly to everybody – and we encourage you to ask questions or make suggestions.