- Full Stack Engineer, Indie Hackers
- Help create the largest social network for startup founders
brief description of the team, how it’s related to the broader company/mission, and how this role fits in
- At Stripe, we believe that inspiring founders to get started is a crucial part of our mission to increase the GDP of the Internet, and few places inspire more founders than Indie Hackers. What began as a small blog in July 2016 has today become the most impactful community for founders online, and it's run by a remarkably small but effective team.
- Work directly alongside Courtland, the creator of Indie Hackers, to craft and improve features that will create new behavior patterns for tens of thousands of startup founders.
- Regularly engage with the founders who make up the Indie Hackers community in order to help you think through everything from UX decisions to high-level success metrics.
- Shape the nascent codebase that powers Indie Hackers, which will include working on both frontend and backend systems. Indie Hackers is built on top of Ember.js, Firebase, and Node.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy being a generalist working with both the frontend, the backend, and the stakeholders involved in taking projects from conception to completion.
- Thrive when moving quickly on a wide array of new projects that are often small and experimental.
- Take pride in crafting well-designed experiences that both impress and delight users.
- Are passionate about technology startups, familiar with business strategies and concepts, and empathize with the challenging journey of being a founder.
- Feel at home shifting between high-level strategic decisions and low-level implementation details, often multiple times within the same day. As part of a small team, you'll need to constantly evaluate how your work fits into big-picture objectives and reprioritize as needed.
- Can communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively through writing.
You should include these in your application:
- A brief introduction describing the projects you've worked on and what motivates you.
- Links to any online profiles you use, e.g. GitHub, Twitter, Indie Hackers, Product Hunt.
- A description of your work history, whether as a resume, a LinkedIn profile, or prose.