Sonatype is looking for Senior Product Designers to help us build thoughtful, innovative, and usable experiences across our product suite. We’re looking for experienced designers who thrive in collaborative and iterative environments with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, and other key stakeholders.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Deeply focused on the end-to-end customer experience while balancing core business objectives.
- An expert in rapid prototyping tools and techniques and comfortable with rapid testing of design ideas.
- A UX design generalist, with skills including: information architecture, Interaction Design, and UI design.
- A holistic design thinker who’s able to consider the entire customer journey throughout their work.
- An exceptional communicator and facilitator of design brainstorming processes.
As a Senior UX Product Designer you will:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads, UX Researchers, and other stakeholders to ensure the team builds the right things, at the right time, for the right customers.
- Create rapid prototypes and test them with customers to validate hypothesis and ensure usefulness and usability.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate design problem solving sessions with your product team.
- Iterate on work based on the feedback you get from the team, and always participate in giving feedback to improve the work of the team as a whole.
- Ensure a high-quality implementation of the designs working closely with developers.
- Contribute to portfolio level design strategy by presenting and critiquing work with other designers and collaboratively improving our style guide and pattern library.
- A portfolio of design work, preferably with complex B2B software.
- Demonstrated skills in rapid prototyping and validation research.
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies, such as Agile.
- Experience in using lean design methods to bring winning products to market.
- BA/BS degree in design, research, HCI, a related field, or have equivalent experience.
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience working on a B2B enterprise product.
- DevOps and/or InfoSec experience.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits including a stock option plan
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Our Engineering Teams work 100% remote from home based offices
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards