Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Do you want to work with experienced product and design professionals on a product that will push your craft to the next level?
Product Designers at Simon tackle complex user problems with carefully crafted systems, workflows, and interfaces. We do research and discovery, prototyping, workflow exploration and definition, UI design, and usability testing on collaborative, multidisciplinary teams of designers, product managers, and engineers.
As one of the first designers on our rapidly growing team, you’ll help establish our processes and culture while working on a product that makes users’ jobs easier and businesses more successful.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a senior designer to help us take the user experience of our SaaS application to the next level. You’ll be responsible for designing intuitive and accessible new product functionality, building products for non-technical users that incorporate data science into marketing workflows.
Some things you’ll do in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Running user research projects independently or in partnership with a product manager
- Conducting usability tests with users and iterating on your designs to address findings
- Implementing, maintaining, and evolving our design system
- Planning and facilitating cross-functional co-creation and ideation workshops
- Communicating designs, concepts, and proposals to customers, leadership, and the company at large
- Working closely with engineers to understand the technology powering your designs
We’re looking for product designers with expertise in user-centric design processes and proven visual, interface, and user experience design skills. We’re also looking for the following:
- 4+ years of professional experience in digital product design
- Experience designing for B2B or similar products on desktop devices
- Ability to design solutions for complex, highly technical problems
- Abstract thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong background in prototyping and usability testing
- Experience conducting user research for problem discovery and solution validation
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to learn
- Humble, no-ego approach to your work
- Enthusiastically collaborative nature and experience collaborating cross-functionally
Additionally, while not required, we’re keeping our eyes peeled for these bonus skills:
- Experience building, maintaining, or contributing to design systems
- Experience designing technical products, developer tools, or enterprise software
- Knowledge of database technology and experience writing SQL
- Data visualization experience
Simon Data is based in New York, but this position is open to fully remote candidates.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.