Shopify Plus makes enterprise commerce simple. We give high-growth, high-volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus helps power commerce for companies like Tesla, RedBull, GE, L'Oreal, Mondelez, Kanye West, Subway, UPS and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Our Merchant Success team acts as strategic advisors for all our Plus merchants. As a lead of this team it will be essential that you are passionate about the success of our merchants. You will need to understand and communicate the value and mission of Merchant Success, and work with fellow leads to grow the team.
The merchant experience is at the heart of everything we do, and as an MSM Team Lead you will be directly responsible for a team of 8-12 Success Managers working as partners to our merchants. You will be in charge of owning your team’s development, growth and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding how to manage and direct a team’s day-to-day, as well as facilitating and fuelling their direct reports personal growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a high impact merchant facing team
- Being a ‘thought leader’ for merchant success
- Advocating on behalf of your team and our merchants
- Working with a team of leads to identify organizational needs and growth opportunities
- Helping to build an organization that directly contributes to the success of thousands of businesses
Requirements for the role:
- A genuine passion for helping people succeed and solving problems
- The readiness to roll up your sleeves and jump into all the duties of leadership
- The ability to be comfortable with ambiguity - a high-growth, extremely fast changing environment
- An open mindset to failure and doing things you might not be good at
- A default-to-action mentality and be able to focus on results rather than process
- The capability to work with multiple stakeholders across disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
- Leading a customer-facing team
- Delivering feedback in a constructive and impactful way
- Managing clients