Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Our team is comprised of successful start-up veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for someone to own the People Systems and Processes for Sandbox VR.
HRIS: Setup and administer a comprehensive HR system for a medium sized business with multiple entities and countries. Continually ensure than employee data is accurate, up to date, and that HR systems are staying ahead of business expansion.
Payroll: Oversee all aspects of the payroll process.
Compensation and Benefits: Working with business stakeholders and recruiting, translate a compensation philosophy into a framework to administer comp and make sure that the company stays aligned. Oversee benefits plans including health/dental, 401k, and disability insurance.
Employee Life-cycle: Own the entire employee life-cycle, specifically onboarding and offboarding. Make sure that we have the right systems in place to manage employee documents, files, and milestones. Make sure that the employee experience is straight forward, easy, and comprehensive.
Who are we looking for?
- An owner and a builder who is excited about taking on all of the core People functions and creating systems form the ground up.
- Someone who is able to visualize the entire People Operations landscape, solve problems holistically, and communicate solutions to teammates.
- A person who puts the employees first, their teammates second, and themselves last.
- A detail oriented person who is consistently looking for ways to improve workflows, systems, and processes.
- Someone who consistently uses data and metrics to prioritize their projects.
- Someone who has relevant experience in multiple HR operations functions, specifically having worked in HRIS administration, operations, compensation, and payroll.
How can you really impress us?
- Tell us about your role in a world class HR function.
- Tell us about a massive failure with an system or program, how your team recovered, and what you learned from it.
- Tell us about your vision for a best in class HR function and how you would go about owning each aspect of that function.