We’re looking for a Senior backend engineer who has in-depth experience working with Ruby, Rails and GraphQL. We are a dynamic tech and product team with engineers all over the world. You will be joining a fast paced company with a team of exceptional engineers. This is a vital role within the company as we continue to scale. The ideal person for our team is someone that has a strong engineering background, a can-do attitude, and a strong vision for improving overall engineering/product development efficiencies and output. This includes working with our frontend, backend, and mobile development teams.
The Senior Backend Engineer will join RxVantage and help us as we transform how medical practices engage with life science resources and expertise to improve patient care. Trusted by more than 6,000 medical practices and all major life science companies, RxVantage has powered over 5 million educational exchanges between healthcare teams and life science companies.
Our “Work from Anywhere” philosophy is aimed at making sure we bring a diverse range of thought leadership, so that our technology is better able to serve local health care providers. Our goal is to hire the country’s top talent and allow them to create an environment where they can do their best work.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to understand business problems and advance the architecture to solve those business problems at scale
- Ability to interact with business stakeholders and the product team to discuss new products and features while analyzing feasibility and difficulty to provide estimates and timelines
- You thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-paced company and can easily adapt to the changing priorities of a scaling technology organization
- Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes that scale
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- A growth mindset with the ability to work collaboratively with engineering teams.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least several years of industry experience working with Ruby and/or Rails
- Proven experience as a software architect making complex software design decisions that solve problems by building custom libraries or integrating existing libraries into the application stack.
- Experience building GraphQL or REST APIs
- A good understanding of relational databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL), be comfortable designing robust data schemas and solving performance issues
- Experience using TDD and testing best practices
- Deep knowledge of object oriented design (DRY, SOLID, GoF, DDD)
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies
- The ability to work in a culture of high productivity, collaboration, and efficiency
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- The ability to write high quality code and follow test driven development methodologies
- Experience building APIs and working between frontend and backend stacks
- Competitive Salary + Commission for Certain Roles
- 100% Company-Paid Premiums for Employee’s Medical Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Work from Anywhere!
- Flexible PTO - Take the time when you want it!
About Our Organization
RxVantage transforms how medical practices engage life science resources and expertise. By automating scheduling and streamlining communication, RxVantage gives practices a powerful connection to the innovative solutions that are revolutionizing patient care.
Our apps intelligently connect healthcare providers with the precise life sciences experts that they need, when they need them. As a result, medical practices stay on the cutting edge of patient care without disrupting workflows.
RxVantage is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to ensuring that we represent the local communities where our health and wellbeing providers serve as pillars of support to our family, friends, and neighbors. Our representation within these communities allows us to embody a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives; and provide an inclusive environment for our team to feel empowered to be their authentic selves, without fear of harassment or discrimiation.