We are looking for a Principal level Architect to lead backend architecture across our Features group of teams. The principal engineer will be a hands-on leader architecting highly scalable systems. You will be involved with day-to-day design, implementation and operational discussions while mentoring other software engineers within the Features Group to make sound technical decisions. You will leverage technology across all of Recharge to solve problems and influence design decisions.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Be the go-to expert for platform technical solutions; work with product and engineering teams to understand roadmap priorities, innovate and evolve Recharge's platform.
- Drive design and implementation decisions using principles and best practices. Make decisions that move the architecture forward; create best practices and implement new technologies to solve Recharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Mentor senior engineers and technical leads to make sound technical decisions and help build effective engineering practices.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits); improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability. Find and address performance issues throughout the application. Participate in architecture, code, security and operational reviews.
- Drive a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement. Identify and introduce new technologies that elevate the platform.
What you’ll bring
- Typically, 12+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Expert in of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Nodejs, Ruby
- Experience driving technical design decisions for highly scalable backend systems
- Leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to work with engineers across skill levels
- Passionate about building scalable and simple solutions to solve customer problems
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- Excellent asynchronous communication skills and ability to work remotely in a high growth organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Engineering at Recharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.