Reporting to the VP of Engineering, we are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead our Feature group. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize ReCharge and create an exceptional feature experience.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Hire and grow your teams with A+ engineering talent; build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in engineering.
- Develop and drive forward a strategic roadmap in collaboration with VP of Engineering and CTO.
- People manage and mentor feature group development managers and provide career growth guidance for team org of ~25+ engineers.
- Dive deep into technology and be on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our teams.
- Measure and report on team execution; coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your group.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 12+ years of experience in engineering, preferably at a SaaS or e-commerce company
- Typically, 6+ years at minimum managing agile development teams of 20+ in fast paced environments, preferably distributed teams
- Strong people leadership and role-model for technical excellence; exceptional delegation and people management skills
- Experience in a modern web stack and cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of delivery in complex, high growth technical environments
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.