Protocol Labs is seeking a dynamic Talent Acquisition Lead with a proven track record of building and leading best-in-class hiring teams. This individual will be a strategic partner to Protocol Labs’ executive leadership, responsible for driving forward our strategic headcount planning, hiring processes, reporting, diversity & inclusion, and culture.
This is a high growth opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the success of Protocol Labs. You will be responsible for achieving our hiring targets for both technical and non-technical talent - from software engineers and research scientists specializing in cryptography and distributed systems, to operators and leaders who can grow and scale our projects.
In this role, you will report to our People Lead, and partner closely with Leadership across Protocol Labs.
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
We are a fully distributed company. Our team of more than 100 members works remotely and in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances in computing and related fields.
Hiring at Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs presents exciting and unique opportunities (and challenges) for recruiting. Our team is fully remote and committed to the mission of driving breakthroughs in computing and internet technologies to push humanity forward. We hire worldwide, with a focus on teammates that will thrive at upholding our core values of open communication, innovation, experimentation, and intellectual rigor.
As the Talent Acquisition Lead at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Build, lead, and develop a high-performing Talent team to achieve company hiring goals
- Develop and drive the Talent Acquisition strategy, with a focus on proactive candidate sourcing, resulting in attracting and retaining a diverse pipeline of qualified candidates in a high stakes environment
- Partner closely with the leadership team to understand recruiting plans across all functions, while building and managing a proactive, results-oriented recruiting team that knows how to find great talent
- Identify and develop relevant recruitment metrics, utilizing dashboards to track team performance, create recruiting reports, and inform business decisions
- Define and describe our ideal target candidate profiles, develop our channel strategy and messaging to reach and attract them
- Optimize our interview process to provide a best-in-class candidate experience and high signal evaluation outcome
- Develop and refine branding that positions Protocol Labs as the leading employer of choice in the emerging fields of blockchain and distributed systems
- Relentlessly improve our processes across the entire hiring lifecycle by developing metrics to improve efficacy and ROI
- Create a culture of excellence, driving continuous improvements to culture, diversity, processes, team structure, and systems
- Occasionally own the full cycle recruitment process for key strategic senior hires (on your team or others)
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- 5+ years of experience leading a sizable recruiting team, preferably in a technical company
- 2+ years of experience leading other managers – a strong and inspiring leader of leaders is a must!
- Proven results in scaling an engineering-first organization through rapid growth
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Recruiting expertise: You have a deep understanding of what creates a successful and delightful hiring experience, and can apply it in practice across various functions and countries
- Leadership & change management: You are able to proactively zoom out, set, and execute a long term strategy for your team and cross-functional partners, even amidst chaotic day-to-day priorities
- Player-coach management: You don’t shy away from doing the building yourself when needed. You inspire and coach everyone from junior team members to senior executives
- Data orientation: You are an expert in key recruiting metrics. You use data not just to set and track team goals, but also to identify hiring issues and build consensus around solutions.
- You have experience with organizations comprised of fully distributed teammates
- You have worked with open-source projects and communities
- You understand organizations that have a strong research component
- You have worked for global companies