Protocol Labs is a research and development laboratory that has built and scaled multiple projects that have made great contributions to the web3 ecosystem. Our team is fully remote and distributed across the world, and their operations have been facilitated by a set of shared Enablement resources that allow project teams to focus on core product and engineering work. To accelerate the growth of our broader ecosystem, we’ve created a new team—PL Services—to provide services and capabilities that our projects and the web3 community can leverage, including marketing, operations, IT, and more.
As a lead events producer for PL Services, you will play a critical role in organizing in-person and virtual events for Labbers to collaborate and build relationships. You’ll start by understanding the needs of teams within the Protocol Labs network, then pilot and scale services that meet those requirements. This will include events small and large, virtual and in-person, and self-serve or full service.
As the Lead Virtual Event Producer, you will:
- Conduct internal and external research to understand the event needs of the Protocol Labs network, then define and develop a set of event service offerings.
- Collaborate with teams to determine requirements for each meeting or event.
- Manage event planning and organization from start to finish, including logistics, communications, venue sourcing, scheduling, budget, etc.
- Oversee the operations of the existing events team, and hire additional talented events professionals to scale our operations.
- Gather and analyze customer feedback, and adjust our offerings and operations accordingly.
- Build, manage, and support processes critical to team health efficiency, including metrics/KPIs, systems, planning, and decision making.
- 6-10 years of event coordination and marketing experience in the technology industry, or in an event planning agency
- Demonstrated expertise with virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Brella, Crowdcast, Google Meet, Cisco)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in guiding teams through the execution of live events, shows, virtual productions and experiences
- Experience providing exemplary customer service under pressure
- Ability to plan and deliver against hard and fast deadlines
- Creative problem solver
- Experience working remotely and with partners across multiple international time zones
- Comfortable with 15-20% travel
- You have experience working with and/or contributing to open source and developer communities
- You have experience in the Web3 or blockchain space
- You have experience working on large scale conference programs and global events
- You have experience working on events for 300+ attendees