About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together.
We're building the modern educational institution—"Stanford for the Internet."
On Deck aims to take the “university bundle” — network, community, credentials, education —and apply it to the entire lifecycle of a person’s career.
Like college, we aim to be a place where people explore what they want to do, gain skills & expertise, and make the most meaningful relationships of their lives.
Also like universities, we want to stick around for hundreds of years.
In the last year we've grown...
- From 1 to 18 different fellowships
- From 300 to 3500+ different fellows
- From 10 to 100+ team members
We are looking for a VP of Finance to build out our finance team and work with the rest of the leadership team to create an educational institution that lasts for 100+ years.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity—our first finance role—and we look forward to supporting the person we partner with in building out a world-class team.
The team is growing extremely fast, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitzscale mode and make a significant impact through your work. As such, we're also looking to hire for this role ASAP. If you're ready to move fast, so are we. Let's chat.
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (~100 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage start-up. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-start-up, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.