About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together.
We're building the modern educational institution—"Stanford for the Internet."
On Deck aims to take the “university bundle” — network, community, credentials, education —and apply it to the entire lifecycle of a person’s career.
Like college, we aim to be a place where people explore what they want to do, gain skills & expertise, and make the most meaningful relationships of their lives.
Also like universities, we want to stick around for hundreds of years.
In the last year we've grown...
- From 1 to 18 different fellowships
- From 300 to 3500+ different fellows
- From 10 to 100+ team members
We've taken recruiting from 0 to 1 and grown our team to over 100 amazing people all over the world. We're now looking for a Head of Recruiting who has extensive experience scaling recruiting at a rapidly growing company.
This is an incredibly exciting role—our first technical recruiting hire—with lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and take on responsibility from day 1.
The team is growing extremely fast, so you'll get an inside seat at a company in blitzscale mode and make a significant impact through your work. As such, we're also looking to hire for this role ASAP. If you're ready to move fast, so are we. Let's chat.
Who you are:
- You thrive in early stage environments and have significant experience building out people functions at other startups
- You know how to manage and build great teams
- You have exhibited the ability to understand the business objectives at the companies you've worked at so you could balance employee experience and company goals
- You know how to work with and advise recruiting teams to create systems to hire and successfully onboard 100+ people / year
Why you might be excited:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define our culture and operations infrastructure going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited:
- We're ~100 people in the company now, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.