Intern / Remote / **[On Deck Angel Fellowship](https://www.beondeck.com/angels) / Full-Time**
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking Intern for On Deck Angels. In doing so, we’ll empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future. Details below —** this role is fully remote.**
About On Deck
On Deck is where ambitious people grow, together.
On Deck is where the world's top talent comes to connect. Whatever it is our fellows want to do next, our ever-growing community and action-oriented programming will help them get there—fast. If our fellows want to learn something new to up-level their career, launch and scale big ideas, or make lifelong friends, this is the place.
This is an incredibly exciting role, with lots of opportunities to learn, get your hands dirty, and take on lots of responsibility from Day 1. This role will be especially exciting to you if you want to build a career in the startup and/or venture capital industries.
On Deck Fellows are our customers, our community, and core to everything we do: their experience and success is paramount. As an intern, you'll work with the On Deck Angel Fellowship program team to build and deliver the fellowship platform, ultimately resulting in each Fellow at ODA deriving value from the program and community.
You'll start your journey at the Program Training Camp to learn how On Deck programs work and how you'll support in bringing one to life. With a solid foundation in place, you'll join your program team.
During your internship, you can expect to do a bit of everything: event hosting/logistics, content, build no-code infrastructure/automation, building relationships with Fellows, and even scouting/sharing deal flow with ODA fellows.
Who you are:
- High output + execution hustle — you embrace the generalist mindset and slot in wherever necessary. You are highly resourceful, an eager learner, and thrive in a scrappy and often chaotic environment.
- Next-level customer supporter — you have experience in supporting and serving customers — bonus point if in a community-based experience/product. You deeply understand how to problem solve and provide value to customers in this setting.
- Frontlines community-builder – you love supporting and connecting people, and you rarely run out of energy for another Zoom chat or Slack message to learn about someone and their experience.
- Creative "spirit of service" -- you think first how you can serve others, and are always seeking opportunities to support Fellows. Your default setting is to get creative, and you’re often the source of pleasant surprises to those around you.
- Meticulously detail-oriented – you naturally take on ownership, have an eagerness to dive into the nitty-gritty, and pride yourself on not letting anything fall through the cracks.
- Plugged into the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem — Experienced working with entrepreneurs, angel & venture capital investors, and the startup ecosystem (preferred, not required).
- No Code Builder — Experienced working with no-code tools and platforms like Airtable, Notion, Zapier, and Slack (preferred, not required).
What you will do:
- Communications — as a fully remote team and program, communication is at the core of a successful intern. All types: verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, collaborative, both with the internal team and Fellows. You'll draft and send mail merges, write copy for event invitations, respond to DMs, and coordinate with a variety of people.
- Content — As an intern, you'll be responsible for the ODA newsletter which will include scheduling time to interview ODA alumni, researching/preparing questions for the interview, editing interview answers, sourcing angel/venture content links, and everything else necessary to ship our newsletter. You may also be asked to draft occasional tweet threads or LinkedIn posts.
- Logistics and Operations — Program interns ensure that the experience is seamless for Fellows and efficient for our team to deliver. You'll execute on the process for hosting complex virtual events like live pitches, organize and execute curated introductions between community members, and more. Juggling all of this will require a strong attention to detail and organization skills
- No-Code Infrastructure — Interns will work and interface with our no code stack to set up automations, infrastructure, and landing pages for new programs (we'll help you learn if you aren't already familiar; it's a superpower).
- Community Management — You'll interface with members of the ODA community, including supporting slack discussions, answering questions, and sharing relevant content.
- Scouting Deal Flow — ODA interns will support the community by scouting and sharing interesting companies both in the broader On Deck community and beyond. To achieve this, you'll interface with our Fundraising Concierge team, other program teams, and the rest of the ODA team.
- ...and whatever else will create value for Fellows. Our programs are dynamic and ever-evolving. We pride ourselves on a culture of experimentation and constantly look for opportunities to better curate, deliver, and enhance the fellowship experience for the Fellows.
Why you might be excited:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. We plan to build the modern educational institution for the next 100 years.
- Read our Wall of Love and our Alumni Case Studies to get a sense of why people love being part of this community.
- Last year we raised our Series A from Keith Rabois at Founders Fund and nearly 200 of the best operators and investors (including many of our community members).
- We also recently announced our $100M community-backed fund to support our accelerator ODX.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
Why you might *not* be excited:
- We are still a fairly young company so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities may shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop our Non-Values, an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work.