At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
For this role we are looking for an expert on containers. Are you passionate about Docker? Have you worked with ECS, Kubernetes or Docker Swarm? We are looking for experienced individuals who are well versed in this field and can take an active role in defining and building our container platform.
You will work on:
- Supporting and enhancing our existing container management tools and platform.
- Providing guidance to others on creating new container applications and migrating existing applications to containers.
- Driving initiatives to evolve our current platform to increase efficiency and keep it in line with current standards and best practices.
- Designing, building, running and monitoring Okta's production infrastructure
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Triaging and troubleshooting complex production issues to ensure reliability and performance
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Continuously evolving our monitoring tools and platform
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Supporting a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Can go into depth on topics such as scaling, networking, monitoring and security of containers in production.
- Have extensive experience building scalable platforms leveraging containers in a production environment. Experience with AWS based solutions a big plus.
- Have experience with logging and telemetry services.
- Have experience automating and running large scale production services in AWS or other cloud providers
- Are able to code to a good standard with any programming language, but especially Ruby, Python or Go, using source control and Agile methodologies
- Have experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform.
- A solid understanding of configuration management principles and tools such as Chef.
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL cluster data stores such as MySQL, Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Understanding of CI/CD principles, Linux fundamentals, networking concepts and IP protocols
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience