At Monzo, we're building the best bank account in the world: fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. Our complaints function sits alongside our Customer Operations team to make sure we offer all our customers the best possible service, even when things go wrong. We embed empathy into our complaints process to turn distress into delight, and as a part of the team you'd be a key driver of this.
We're looking for empathetic, adaptable and experienced complaints handlers who will be able to bring their existing knowledge to help us meet and exceed our regulatory requirements. We'd love to hear from people who are passionate about making things better and deeply care about making our customers happy.
Complaints at the heart of Monzo ❤️
You’ll be the point of contact for those who feel disappointed in the service we have provided. We want to delight our customers in any way possible. Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better 💪 That being said, things can go wrong and you’ll be tasked with turning the situation around while providing crucial feedback to Monzo on how we can make things better.
What will you be doing day to day:
- Providing the best customer experience when handling complaints in writing and via the telephone.
- Supporting Root Cause Analysis and internal feedback loops with frontline support and specialist domains to mitigate an increase and repeat of complaints
- Helping to cultivate and maintain a unique and customer-centric culture
- Opportunities to train and coach frontline support and other members of the complaints team
- Investigating complex issues and engaging with the financial ombudsman
You should apply if:
- You can creatively turn a situation around for those who have had an issue
- You enjoy investigating complex issues and getting to the root cause of the issue while putting things right
- You can make the complex simple, and explain it to others in an engaging and informative way
- You can quickly pick up the salient parts of regulation, and understand how they impact Monzo
- You’re deeply empathetic and always put yourself in the shoes of the customer
- You have at least 6 months worth of experience handling complaints
Location: Cardiff / Remote
Interview process: Application, and interview with Complaints team
The deadline to apply is Friday 22nd November