Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We’re looking for a Contract Assistant to join the growing Editorial Operations team. You’ll drive the contract process with the growing network of writers and artists that Medium’s editorial team works with daily. You’ll be a crucial part of keeping us moving forward, enabling Medium to provide more and better content to our members.
What will you do?
- Draft, proofread, prepare, and issue contracts based on form agreements via e-signature software
- Communicate with contractors (writers, artists, etc) as well as Medium staff regarding issues that arise during the contract execution process
- Track status of contracts and rights-related updates in cloud-based contracts database
- Organize and maintain documents in electronic filing systems
- Meticulous and incredibly organized. You have incredible attention to detail and a sense of urgency that’s finely balanced against correct execution.
- A clear communicator via email and Slack, and are adept at bubbling up issues in a timely and concise manner.
- Are familiar with and have a basic understanding of legal terms. Previous legal and contracts administration experience is a plus.
- Willing to learn how to interpret and create contract language