Our innovative solutions reach students in new ways and achieve better results in the classroom and beyond. From math and science to health and art, the work the School team does impacts the next generation of learners.
McGraw-Hill has an opening for an experienced and strategic K-5 Sales Representative in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Reporting to a District Sales Manager, the Sales Representative is responsible for managing sales for a variety of instructional materials, programs, and services to school districts located in and around the Austin area. This individual will create and execute strategic business territory plans that will increase sales according to company growth expectations.
*Candidates must live in the territory to be considered for this position.**
Your contribution to the team includes:
· Attaining and surpassing sales goals, with the proven ability to develop and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration.
· Creating and executing marketing and strategic territory plans, with excellent organization and follow through.
· Conducting successful sales presentations and conducting and coordinating in-service presentations.
· Understanding how the business makes money and demonstrating an ability to negotiate and manage resources based on corporate policy and profitability.
· Using appropriate written and verbal communication skills internally and externally to facilitate a desired outcome.
· Managing company resources, including the company.
· Provided vehicle, company credit card, home office and computer equipment.
**A successful candidate will have: **
· Bachelor's degree is required.
· At least three years of sales experience in K-5 educational publishing or EdTech services (or significant experience in administration, or in an educational leadership role within a local Pennsylvania school district.)
· Evidence of handling multiple large projects at once.
· A deep understanding of the use of technology in an educational instructional environment as it relates to educational infrastructures, such as platforms and curricula.
· Evidence of being organized, territory management capabilities, and resolving issues and problems in a fast-paced environment.
· Microsoft software skills: Outlook and Power Point (basic), Word and Excel (intermediate).
· Experience with Salesforce highly preferred.
· Candidate is required to be out in the field 4 days a week.
Sales Representatives must be highly organized self-starters, with the ability to understand the ever-changing needs of educators and students. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to use their educational backgrounds to drive sales through creative and innovative solutions.
We embody the values we hope to inspire in all students by being fun, hard-working and passionate.