At Mattermost, we believe that the future of collaboration is open source. As messaging becomes more entwined in day-to-day workflows, we strive to create a solution that enables teams to do their best work while maintaining their privacy and security.
Our flagship product, Mattermost, is a team messaging solution used in high trust sectors all over the world. With customers across a wide range of industries, Mattermost is used daily for everything from building electric cars to ensuring national security.
Learn more athttps://mattermost.com/.
About this Role
As a product manager at Mattermost you are responsible for owning a part of one of the world’s largest and most popular open source projects. A focus on our users is at the heart of what we do, and every day you’ll be interacting with both customers and open source contributors.
For this particular role, we are seeking someone with a background working on enterprise applications. If you’re highly skilled at building customer relationships, and making tough decisions about what to say “yes” and what to say “no” to, this role could be a good fit for you.
Note: This is a remote role, working with Product Managers, Developers, and Designers who are also remote. Travel may be required up to 2-3 times per year for team meet ups.
- Work with developers and designers to build enterprise-grade product features
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, and use it to shape product roadmap and team objectives
- Prioritize ruthlessly, maintaining a laser focus on work that drives improvement on Product KPIs
- Analyze data to determine if shipped features and experiments had the desired impact
- Act as a spokesperson for the product, communicating value internally and externally through demos, roadmap presentations, documentation updates, forum discussions, product marketing and events
- Product management experience working on B2B products with large enterprise customers (bonus if you’ve worked on areas such as LDAP, SAML, eDiscovery, compliance reporting, data retention)
- Effective communicator, with the ability to converse at both a technical and business level
- Highly detail-oriented, with the ability to gather complicated requirements from customers and turn them into simple solutions
- Strong analytical skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making
- Capable of turning ambiguity into action, and driving meaningful change in a fast paced environment
- Embrace our values:https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles