We've developed an online service which automates sales lead generation for B2B companies. Leadfeeder helps over 4000 paying customers to identify who visits their website, qualify the leads based on their behaviour, and convert the most promising visitors into sales leads.
Our 30+ strong in-house, all-remote engineering team is responsible for developing new features, and otherwise improving and maintaining the Leadfeeder product.
We are organised in feature-oriented, cross-functional squads. Each squad is responsible for specific features of the product, and works tightly together with high autonomy. Depending on the product area, squads are composed of Backend and Frontend Engineers, Designers, and are always paired with a Product Manager. We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and feedback – no matter what your role is, you get to have a say in the product and technical decisions of your squad.
About this job
As a member of the Business Operations squad, you will work together with other Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Data Analysts, developing and improving tools, integrations and data pipelines used by the Sales, Marketing and Support teams. You will also work closely and support these business teams, who rely heavily on efficient tooling and accurate data to do their jobs.
Our backend, we run multiple small-to-medium-sized Ruby on Rails apps, combined with serverless components (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis), and databases such as AWS RDS & Aurora, Elasticsearch and Redis, to name a few.
We pride ourselves on keeping apps working smoothly, and the codebase tidy and well-tested. We dedicate time for upgrades, refactoring and improvements in the developer experience. Equally, there are opportunities to learn and be involved in infrastructure, DevOps and serverless development.
- Build and integrate with multiple external APIs
- Build data pipelines to make sure the data is correct and arrives on time
- Assist the data squad with data warehousing and analytics collection
- Develop and maintain a multitude of efficient user-facing tools
- Provide technical guidance to our business team, as well as communicate with internal and external technical contacts
Essentials skills and expertise:
- 2+ years work experience writing maintainable and well-tested Ruby on Rails apps
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Capability to work remotely
- We expect minimum four hours of overlap with central European working hours
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Skills and the right mentality for test automation
- Previous experience in processes and tools used by sales, support or marketing teams
- Experience working with various APIs
- Serverless computing, AWS stack in particular
- Experience building operational solutions
- Get to work in a talented, remote-first international team
- Chance to make an impact on a global product
- Actual work-life balance with healthy 40-hour work weeks
- Flexible work time
- Biannual company retreats
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and encouraging work environment
Our hiring process:
After we've received and reviewed your application, there are a number of stages in our process:
- Initial video call. You'll get to learn more about the role and our company, and we'll learn how you communicate and what are you looking for in the job.
- Technical interview. Qualified candidates proceed to our technical interview, where we ask more in-depth technical questions.
- Home assignment. We'll test your coding skills in building a small application. You can do this at home on your own time. The assignments usually take about 4-6 hours to complete.
- Assignment review and skills interview. After our team has reviewed your assignment, we invite you to the next interview. We'll provide feedback and ask questions about your code. This interview also includes some pair-programming, where we do some improvements or additional features to your project.
- Culture interview. The final step before decisions. Great cultural fit is highly important in our remote team. We also want to give you as much as possible information on how it is to work at Leadfeeder and what our culture is like.
All interviews are done remotely over video calls, but of course if you happen to be in the same city with some of our team members we're happy to organize a meeting on site.