Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As a Project Manager, you will manage, iterate upon, and create new processes and programs within the Lambda Labs program to ensure that student developers create impressive software products-- all while keeping students excited and accountable. You’ll work alongside Leadership and Program Managers during the execution of processes and sync daily with student Section Leads and student Project Managers to ensure they have all they need.
This role has two parts: Strategy and Tactical.
Some days you’ll be working on high-level planning -- Such as strategizing how we will scale and STILL maintain an engaging onboarding process. Or, work with Leadership and the Student Experience Manager to devise ways to improve NPS (Net promoter score) and increase student’s ease of getting hired.
And other days will be more tactical-- Such as working alongside the Co-Op Product Manager on product documentation so students can sign up for projects. Or, both creating and helping execute a Student Showcase with the Growth team for hiring managers. If you want to see and help people succeed in their career goals and make BIG positive changes in their life-- this is the job and company for you.
Your work will directly impact the user (student) experience, satisfaction, quality of completed software products, and student’s livelihoods (getting a career in the industry)! As the PT Project Manager you will sync with the Full Time team weekly to ensure that both programs are operating with similar systems and processes.
You should be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
This is a contract position for up to 20 hours/week. Evening course hours are Monday through Thursday 6pm to 9pm Pacific and Saturday 9am - 12pm PST. Team syncs are typically 2 - 3PM PST, times may vary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work 20 hours a week; this time includes our Lambda evening course program hours: M-Th 6-9pm PST or CST; Sat. 9am-12pm PST or CST (~12 hours/week). Attend team meetings, typically held at 2pm PST(~1 - 3 hours/week), and other additional deliverables for the remainder of the week (~5 hours /week)
- Develop new processes with leadership and document best practices
- Document strategies and programs for leadership and fellow team members
- Manage and streamline consistency between Full-time and Part-time programs
- Work alongside Program and Project Managers to develop improvements
- Ownerships of your team and assisting Program Manager and Leadership with daily needs.
- Track and report on progress towards milestones
- Follow and actively work to improve Lambda Labs software development practices
- Train and supervise Section Leads and Student PMs
- Instill relevant career readiness knowledge, skills, and attitudes into student groups
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a project management role in a software development environment, ideally with remote teams or teams with a large percentage of entry-level engineers
- High level of computer literacy required
- Passionate about helping others succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and effective in public speaking situations
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment