Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fundraising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Learning team, reporting directly to the Director of Lambda X. As the Build Weeks Program Manager, you’ll be responsible for heading the Lambda Build Weeks program, from curriculum development and implementation to career readiness. You will also lead the Build Weeks Student Product Team (engineering, design, and product leaders) and coordinate with project managers, student success and instruction program managers.
Build Weeks is a large-scale internship environment for thousands of students. Over the course of their first 6 months with Lambda, they will spend 25% of their time working in the Build Weeks program to demonstrate mastery with internship-style projects. We are currently looking for someone to help us rebuild this program to be a world-class experience.
The goal of this position is to make the experience as uplifting and engaging as possible while also truly measuring mastery. One significant output of the program will be impressive project work for the hiring process. The internship program should not only assess the students, but provide an experiential learning environment for them to grow.
Your core responsibilities will include:
Creating an exciting and engaging project work environment
Helping teams produce work that will impress and drive hiring outcomes
Measure mastery of curriculum content with an internship experience
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with other Build Weeks Student Product Team Leaders, other program instructors, student success associates and leadership to help create an exciting and engaging culture for students
- Guide and train Engineering Team Leads, student Section Leaders, student Project Managers, and teams to create impressive and successful software products for student portfolios
- Build, implement, deliver, and continually improve upon a Build Weeks Internship Program experience
- Work with curriculum development to build a course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Coordinate efforts with the course section leads (SL) and project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of project development and reporting mechanisms, enabling the PMs to effectively support students’ development outcomes
- Develop and implement ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school
- Accountable for project completion rates and student culture scores
What You'll Need
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with minimal guidance
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry including project or product management and engineering leadership
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED you are required to have 5 years of working experience in the field of expertise
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required) you are required to have 3 years of working experience in the field of expertise
- Experience in engineering management or team development training/instruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Experience in designing curriculum, teaching, and managing diverse, remote teams
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Bonus if you
- Have prior growth-stage startup experience
- Are based in Salt Lake City metropolitan area
- Have experience managing a large scale internship program
- Are student obsessed and always a student
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same