Sr. Director of Strategic Accounts
Atlanta - Telecommute
The Senior Director of Strategic Accounts oversees a portfolio of key Intellum customers and is responsible for all aspects of customer health, including product utilization, customer sentiment, relationship management, and expansion. You will lead a team of strategic partnership managers who provide customers with updates about the product roadmap, identify platform functionality solutions that deliver on the customer’s content and engagement strategy, and monitor the quality of professional services and support engagements.
This is a new role at Intellum, and you will be instrumental in identifying and developing processes and strategies that lead to “effortless” customer relationships, continued advocacy, and growth.
You will report to the Vice President of Revenue and will work closely with senior leadership across Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Professional Services, Managed Services, Customer Care, and Product to ensure that our strategic customers have everything they need to be successful.
You are expected to:
- Build, maintain, and foster strong relationships while establishing credibility with key customer decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Display the highest degree of professionalism and “executive-level presence.”
- Quickly familiarize yourself with Intellum’s products, customer use cases, and the competitive landscape.
- Understand, communicate, and help support the customer’s overall product adoption, program strategy and key business outcomes.
- Build and lead a high performing team measured by high employee engagement and customer satisfaction.
You will be measured on:
- Operational scalability.
- Advancement of the customer’s program strategy and business outcomes.
- Year-over-year growth in engagement, identification of expansion opportunities, and customer retention.
Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Support customer program strategies and key business outcomes by leading SPMs to maximize customer adoption of Intellum products and applicable features
- Proactively drive leadership supervision of customer renewals while partnering closely with Sales to increase renewal rates and minimize churn as measured by Logo Retention and Gross Retention Rate (GRR)
- Expand revenue within the customer install base through identification of cross-sell and up-sell opportunities in close collaboration with Sales as measured by Net Revenue Growth
- Monitor and improve customer health based on Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with mutually agreed upon health score metrics and full feedback loop
- Expand customer partnership by developing relationships with key customer stakeholders and high levels of leadership
- Own the strategic and tactical operations of the SRM team, ensuring unified performance of all SRMs and customers through demonstration of formal leadership skills, relationship-building skills, presentation/communication skills
- Mentor, coach, develop, and recruit a team of high performing SRM direct reports, assigning duties, setting goals, and supervising all responsibilities for the team, while ensuring the team remains disciplined in its execution of process and documentation
- Cultivate forward-thinking, inclusive, and performance-oriented business culture to foster industry innovations and progress, which contributes to a company-wide culture of proactive Strategic Account Management
- Drive operational practices to increase team efficiency and capacity, with comprehensive process documentation to ensure sustainable and repeatable best practices
Drive Success Across the Company
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for your team to address customer issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
- Improve team’s capabilities to handle product questions and challenges in partnership with the Customer Care, Managed Services, Product Marketing, and Product teams
- Partner with the Sales and Services leadership teams early in the relationship to establish a strong strategic engagement with the customer, ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for both new customers and existing customers elevating into the strategic customer tier
- Drive a collaborative culture with other functional areas such as Managed Services, Implementation Services, Sales, Customer Care, Product Marketing, and Product
- Proactively identify inefficiencies that are holding the team back and drive better, more efficient workflows
- 8+ years of work experience in Customer Success/Corporate Education/Program Management
- 5+ years in leadership or relevant experience demonstrating progressive management experience leading teams of customer success managers, account managers, or sales reps in a SaaS, software or high-tech company; professional services experience is a plus
- 1+ years of Project Management experience/PMP Certification is a plus
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Strong business acumen
Strong work ethic, energy level, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Strong communication skills that allow you to present to a wide range of internal audiences and customer personas, individually and in groups.
Ability to manage multiple clients at once
Ability to navigate challenging customer situations
Ability to lead cross-organizational projects and teams
Strong negotiation and leadership skills
Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with SaaS, LMS, CMS and/or software development implementation management
- Experience in learning and development, Ed Tech, or adult education is a plus
- 1+ years of Intellum Platform experience is a plus
- Salesforce knowledge is a plus
- Proficient in Google Suite and Mac OS
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Occasional irregular work hours
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Extended time viewing a computer monitor
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered for some employee only plans
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- 401(k) with matching (US Based Only)
Education (Available to all employees)
- $3,500 per year in educational funds (“Boost Budget”)
- Unlimited PTO
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We strive to live up to our company values of Creativity, Curiosity, Perseverance and Kindness every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.
Intellum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you are an individual applying from CA, NY, CO, CT, MD, NV, or RI, please reach out to email@example.com for pay ranges.