The Customer Program Director is responsible for maintaining, managing, and monitoring to optimal health all aspects of Customer Service and Success efforts for one of Intellum’s key Customers and their various engagements.
The key Customer makes up one of the highest percentages of Intellum’s revenue. This role must build, maintain, and foster strong relationships with all influential stakeholders (inside and out) and establish credibility with the Customer across multiple levels and multiple engagements. This role will manage (directly and indirectly) internal teams and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver services required to make the Customer and Intellum successful.
They will oversee all Customer matters for the assigned Customer and work to make sure Intellum is delivering thought-partnership that is proactive and strategic, while providing timely responses to inquiries and requests.
Managed services staff roles, Customer Success Managers (CSMs), and other related team members for the specific Customer will report to this position. They will also be the point of escalation for the Customer amongst such roles.
To be successful:
- They will have “executive-level presence” by demonstrating the highest degree of professionalism, communication, listening, strategic thinking, collaborative leadership, and self-awareness required to engage regularly with Intellum’s CEO, Intellum’s executive and extended leadership team, Customer executives and other influential Customer points of contact.
- They should be able to manage multiple competing priorities and responsibilities without compromising quality of services provided.
- They are also expected to understand, communicate, and execute on Intellum’s overall product strategy, Customer’s education strategy, use cases, and user journeys of the specific Customer as well as subset of Customers.
The added value produced by this role should result in opportunities for synergies based on the various use cases, user journeys, and strategies across and within the key Customer’s organization.
This role will be accountable to executive and senior leadership for all aspects of this key Customer and the subset of Customers in the portfolio of the Customer.
This can be measured through direct customer feedback and satisfaction measurements, attaining mutually agreed customer business outcomes, goals and objectives that are aligned to the customer’s education strategy, improved operational scalability of the platform, healthy Customer relationship satisfaction and referenceability, product adoption, end-user and executive sponsor engagement, health score improvement, Executive Business Reviews (EBRs), revenue and Customer renewal/retention (gross and net retention).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key Customer stakeholders
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between major key Customers and Intellum
- Serve as the link of communication between key Customers and internal teams
- Responsible for delivery, scale, maintenance, and improvement of both new and existing programs.
- Provide status reports on a consistent basis to various stakeholders by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information– progress, risks, issues, and changes.
- Lead technical initiatives around integrations with various vendors and teams (internal and external) to enable successful delivery of education initiatives.
- Understand strategic business, operational objectives, and technical requirements to define program scope.
- Manage the full lifecycle of programs (scoping, planning, resource allocation, implementation, etc.).
- Monitor deliverables, milestones roadblocks and change requests
- Proactively identifies problems, proposes solutions, attains important decisions, and resolves issues as needed
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create programs for solving those problems
- Maintain the team's focus on the strategy set by the Customer and Intellum and accountability for goal oriented results
- Proactively identifies problems, risks, and bottlenecks– proposes solutions, attains decisions, resolves cross-team issues and escalates issues as needed
- Proactively identify inefficiencies that are holding the team back, and drive better, more efficient workflows
- Collaborate with internal teams to accomplish tasks and milestones
- Demonstrate formal and informal leadership skills, relationship-building skills, presentation/communication skills
- Manage Intellum team assigned to the key Customer
- Work with internal teams dedicated to the same Customer to ensure consistency and success
- Planning and presenting/reporting on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members and internal stakeholders (executive and senior leadership)
- Meeting all Customer needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
- Be disciplined in documentation and tracking of Customer activities and engagements
- 5+ years’ previous work experience in Customer Service and/or Customer Success leadership, key account management, or relevant experience
- 3+ years successfully recruiting, hiring, and directly managing and leading teams of 5 or more, including oversight and performance management of daily work efforts, setting team strategy and improving related operational efficiencies
- 3+ years engaging persons at the executive-level (including C-levels) with customers and internally at the highest levels of professionalism, communication, listening, strategic thinking, collaborative leadership, and self-awareness
- 3+ years of Program/Project Management experience
- 3+ years in technical program and/or product management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, high energy level and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Be a practiced problem-solver always bringing solutions to the table
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to present to large or small groups, ranging from technical to executive
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to autonomously manage relationships with senior people at outside parties (e.g., Customers and partners), with the ability to navigate challenging Customer situations
- Prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and deliver quality results
- Anticipate roadblocks or problems and pivot accordingly
- Lead programs/projects of various sizes
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, including third parties
- Experience leading cross-organizational projects while holding teams and individuals accountable for timelines and deliverables
- The ability to build rapport with Customers
- The ability to handle multifaceted Customers with subsets of Customers.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Exceptional Customer service skills
- Experience with SaaS, LMS, CMS and/or program management (LMS preferred)
- Experience in learning and development/adult education as a practitioner
- Gainsight and Salesforce knowledge is a plus
- Proficient in Mac OS
- Proficient in Google Suite
- PMP certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Occasional irregular work hours
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Extended time viewing a computer monitor
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- 401(k) with matching (US Based Only)
Education (Available to all employees)
- $3,500 per year in educational funds (“Boost Budget”)
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We strive to live up to our company values of Simplicity, Honesty and Innovation every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.
Intellum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.