InfluxData is a fast-growing Series D startup that offers InfluxDB, a time series database recognized industry-wide as the clear leader of the fastest growing database category. InfluxDB is running on hundreds of thousands of machines, used by teams worldwide to monitor and understand their systems and devices. The majority of our users are developers and system integrators working with our open source software. We also offer enterprise and cloud SaaS products, all exposing a single unified API reducing the infrastructure and time needed to get up and running with InfluxDB.
We're looking for a Software Engineer with operational experience of SaaS products at scale. If you’ve got experience across all the major cloud vendors and want to help us design and build on the successful Cloud 2.0 platform we’d love to speak with you.
Ideally you will have some years of experience developing SaaS software in Go, but as this is a growth role, the right attitude and desire to learn will go a long way. You will develop a deep understanding of the architecture of our Cloud products, learning how everything fits together and designing and building ways to optimise the Storage tier for performance, reliability and scalability. Experience with some of Kubernetes, Kafka, TCP/IP, HTTP servers and gRPC would be beneficial.
You will design and build monitoring and alerting solutions using InfluxDB to help us keep Cloud 2.0 operating at full capacity with amazing uptimes. When problems do arise we’ll investigate, diagnose and fix the services and use the experience as a learning opportunity.
You will also work directly on the InfluxDB code base and have opportunities to architect software to add new features and help solve our customer’s problems.
We’re a globally distributed, friendly and cooperative team who thrive on interaction and collaboration. We meet once a day as a team for a quick catch up, as well as having regular pairing sessions over video conferencing throughout the week. We also meet with the entire company every day to learn about what’s going on across the business and share news about upcoming events and activities.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning, designing and delivering service monitoring solutions for our Cloud 2 product using InfluxDB
- Analysing performance metrics and identifying and implementing improvements
- Architecting and delivering new features in InfluxDB Cloud 2 at the storage layer
- Liaise with colleagues in engineering, product managers and the InfluxDB community to help prioritise features and define the product roadmap.
- Establish and uphold engineering best practices applied across projects and teams.
- Learning from your team and growing your personal skill set
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience managing SaaS software on a major cloud.
- Self motivation and a drive to get to “done”. Working independently but closely integrated with the rest of the team you will deliver and expect high quality results.
- Experience deploying on, and integrating with AWS, Azure, or GCP cloud environments.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience working with distributed development teams.
- Experience working with Kafka or similar streaming or queuing systems.
- Experience building OLAP or non-relational databases (examples: InfluxDB, MongoDB, Redis, Etcd).
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remotely or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.