iland, an 11:11 Systems company, is looking for an experienced Data Center Technician to assist with data center operations across iland’s global cloud infrastructure. Candidates will need to have experience in installation and management of physical infrastructure hardware assets, with a focus on compute, storage, network hardware and infrastructure components deployed across the iland global data center footprint. This is a full-time remote position located in Dallas and reporting to our Global Director of Data Center Engineering.
- Collaborate with the Data Center Operations and Cloud Operations teams to provide on-site physical support for all implementation projects.
- Rack, stack and neatly cable new gear or decommission gear per engineering documentation, work with engineers to resolve issues with that gear during build and ongoing as needed.
- Monitor and track on hand inventory (optics, cabling, etc.) at data center locations, communicating when spares need to be ordered.
- Maintain an accurate physical asset inventory of all local data center infrastructure equipment, components, peripherals and spare components.
- Assist with all efforts requiring local presence within the data center including equipment shipping & receiving, packaging, installations and servicing of equipment.
- Act as local point of contact for all vendor service activities on existing infrastructure assets, acting as liaison and escorting as needed.
- Participate and collaborate in capacity management efforts for both infrastructure and facilities planning.
- Follow infrastructure project planning and implementation processes, suggesting improvements where needed.
- Learn and participate within processes and technology in a fast-paced environment
- Assist Datacenter Operation leaders and Infrastructure Deployment Engineers as an additional point of contact for other departments for datacenter issues and projects.
- Capable of traveling to local datacenter locations and able to work non-standard hours as needed to satisfy customer and iland requirements. Assist remotely in other datacenters, and rarely if needed, travel to them.
- All other duties assigned.
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- CompTIA A+ / Network+ or other applicable technology vendor certifications preferred.
- Experience deploying IT infrastructure in enterprise-class or service-provider scale data center environments, especially Cisco and HPE gear.
- 3+ years experience in technical project deployments, with strengths in hardware deployment, management and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and experience working with a service management ticketing product like ServiceNow, Jira Service Management or other.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with a passion for accuracy and quality
- Excellent communicator (speaking and writing), high energy, positive attitude, aptitude for professional growth.
- Self-starter with the ability to stay focused and on-task working with 100% remote teams, in loud environments.
- Capable of handling multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking skills able to determine solutions for complex problems or challenges.
- Able to lift 40 lbs or more with assistance as required.
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Above average technical knowledge of the physical support of server, network and storage devices, cabling, and familiarity with colocated data center environments.
- Experience working in large-scale multi-datacenter enterprise or service provider environments.
- Customer service skills, able to be friendly and patient with internal and external engineering customers as you assist them debug equipment issues.
- Familiarity and experience with Cisco UCS, HPE, and other enterprise-class infrastructure hardware platforms and products.
- Computer skills including mac/windows OS, Google Suite, Jira, and MS Office products
- Previous experience using and/or administering a Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software such as Nlyte, PowerIQ, Cormant, et
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Stock Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
iland, an 11:11 Systems company, has been in business for over 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant "DRaaS" Leader: 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019
- The Forrester Wave "DRaaS" Providers: 2014, 2017, & 2019
- Veeam Impact Partner of the Year: 2015, 2017, 2018, & 2019
- Veeam Innovation Award: 2018, 2019, & 2020
- Zerto Cloud Partner of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2019, & 2020
- CRN Partner Program Guide Winner: 2018, 2019, & 2020
- Best of VMworld 2018 Gold Award: 2018
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2016
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013