iland is looking for a Cloud Support Engineer (VMware) to deliver support services to iland’s customer base, providing superior customer service. This is a full-time position reporting to our APAC Service Desk Manager.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for technically-capable individuals with anywhere from two to five years of professional experience to take their careers to the next level with the latest in cloud infrastructure technologies. Through extensive hands-on and classroom training with the goal of attaining a variety of certifications, iland provides a fast-track career path for talented individuals in the fields of virtualization, networking, and systems administration.
Deliver customer and support services via phone and email. Work with other teams, as needed, to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
Ensure that each support request assigned to you is handled according to our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and that you provide the highest possible level of customer service, setting the right expectations throughout the process.
Document your work in a detailed and comprehensive manner. Prioritize your work to assist customers with the most important and severe requests first. Take a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
Participate in on-call support rotation.
All other duties as assigned
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- University degree, technical or computer-related degree preferred
- 2-5+ years of experience as a technical support representative, hands-on troubleshooting a plus
- Experience with Windows administration (Server, IIS, SQL, AD, etc.) and/or Linux server administration
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, such as VMware, OpenStack, AWS, etc.
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure services, such as IaaS and DRaaS
- Excellent communicator, high energy, positive attitude, aptitude for professional growth
- Must be detail- and goal-oriented with demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Ability to pursue positive outcomes for assigned tasks independently
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Network administration experience
- Experience in a troubleshooting role
- Certifications from VMware, Microsoft, or Cisco
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holiday
- Training Budget
iland has been in business for over 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant "DRaaS" Leader: 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019
- The Forrester Wave "DRaaS" Providers: 2014, 2017, & 2019
- Veeam Impact Partner of the Year: 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020
- Veeam Innovation Award: 2018, 2019, & 2020
- Zerto Cloud Partner of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2019, & 2020
- CRN Partner Program Guide Winner: 2018, 2019, & 2020
- Best of VMworld 2018 Gold Award: 2018
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2016
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013