Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East **(UTC-1 to UTC+3).** While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
Reporting to our Engineering Experience Lead, we're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about finding opportunities to measure and improve our engineers productivity, in order to increase our engineering velocity and bring value to our customers more efficiently.
A strong background in programming is required for this role, and a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines. Experience working in a SaaS/Product company and a background in building software for other engineers is highly desirable.
- Build the systems that Hotjar engineers use daily to deliver their code to production.
- Dive into large code bases, mostly written in Python, maintaining testing and observability standards high.
- Keep a tight feedback loop with product and internal teams to understand and resolve productivity bottlenecks.
- Develop software packages and components that allow us to break our code base into multiple services, such as a monitoring library or an inter-service communication system.
- Spend a small amount of your time dealing with internal change requests coming from product teams. This is not a service-desk position, the vast majority of your time will be spent on projects, not firefighting.