Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
Reporting to a Product Design Lead, we are looking for a Product Designer who is passionate about creating elegant solutions to complex problems, to help design the future of Hotjar – a solution used by thousands of users worldwide. Product Designers play an important role here by creating simple, engaging experiences, iteratively improving the user journey. We appreciate designers who think in systems, are eager to validate their work, can communicate effectively, and love collaboration and feedback.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within our Product & Engineering department, playing an important part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes, by translating research insights into simple and engaging user interfaces that satisfy user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Work within a multidisciplinary product team, leading the design process, facilitating design discussions, and validating product/ experience changes.
- Produce engaging experiences, iteratively improving as you go.
- Translate wireframes and experiences into high-fidelity visual composites with attention to interaction design, following style and brand guidelines.
- Work with design leadership, internal partners, and engineers in an iterative, transparent, and feedback-driven process.