Help Scout is a remote first company, with 105 employees working from 80+ cities all over the world to build helpful, human customer service tools. Our mission is to grow our world class team full of diverse, talented people that are united by an enthusiasm for great products and being helpful to others. We’re also a Certified B Corporation!
As a Recruiter at Help Scout, you’ll be partnering with our managers to find amazing new teammates that help move the business forward. You will manage the full recruiting lifecycle across a variety of business areas and roles, partnering strategically with hiring managers, and doing what is needed to ensure we are leading the way in candidate experience while achieving our hiring goals.
About the role
- Hiring excellent people is the most impactful thing you will do for our team. You’ll work closely with hiring managers to define the role, source talented & diverse candidates, and oversee the entire hiring process until a candidate signs on the metaphorical dotted line.
- Our hiring managers love being hands-on, but will look to you to shepherd the process, provide insight from your years of successful recruiting experience, and offer guidance when appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional, high-touch candidate experience will be your top priority. While we track time to fill and time to hire data, our main goal is that even candidates who don’t get offered a job will be inspired to recommend Help Scout to a friend. You’ll keep an eye out for areas of improvement in order to continue raising the bar for our candidates.
- Managing a hiring process for a remote team is no joke! This job requires superhuman organization and communication skills to keep things running smoothly. You’ll spend a lot of your time in Slack, in Lever, on video chat, emailing candidates, and can transition between all mediums with ease.
- You’ll work with our HR Business Partners (we call them Pops Pals) to make sure our recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promote a diverse, inclusive workplace.
- You’ll track and analyze hiring metrics to assist with reporting to the wider company. You’ll also continuously source candidates for challenging positions and future opportunities.
- This is not your first recruiting rodeo! You have a genuine passion for recruiting and work hard to buck the negative stereotypes about the role. You’ve been an in-house full-cycle recruiter for several years and have experience recruiting for a variety of roles at a growing tech company. You’re comfortable owning hires, running kick-off meetings, and juggling 5-6 open roles at once.
- You’re a people person and get energized by meeting new people. You go out of your way to foster connections between people and are genuinely motivated to help make someone’s day better.
- You’ve interviewed countless candidates and have plenty of stories to share about candidates you’ve recruited to hire, as well as best practices and what to avoid in order to create an excellent candidate experience.
- You’ve been told you’re an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing. You know the impact of a well-placed emoji and can adjust your tone depending on your audience.
- You’re excited when you see companies prioritizing D&I initiatives and maybe you’ve even implemented a few yourself! You know that D&I work is an ongoing, evolving process and feel passionately about infusing D&I into recruiting and hiring philosophies, and work hard to reduce bias wherever possible.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least curious about being part of a remote-first team.
- To ensure sufficient overlap with your teammates, we're looking for candidates that live in UTC-5 (East coast US) and UTC-7 (as far as San Fransisco) time zones.
- Bonus points if you have experience using Lever for hiring, but familiarity with any ATS will be translatable.
Who you'll work with:
- Leah Knobleris our Director of Talent Acquisition and you’ll report to her. She is passionate about recruiting like a human and crafting a delightful candidate experience from start to finish. She’ll also be running hires and recruiting alongside you.
- Becca Van Nederynenis our Head of People Ops, and is obsessed with building a world class remote team that accomplishes great work together.
- Help Scout Coaches - You’ll build close relationships with the coaches you’re hiring for, gaining deep knowledge of specific values and goals that will inform how you hire and support their teams so they can make the greatest impact on the business.
- Pops Pals (HR Business Partners) - Morgan Smith-Lenyard and Rachel Baskerville love partnering with our Coaches to help engage and develop our team. They’re also both experienced at hiring for Help Scout and may pitch in from time to time if necessary.