Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Site Product Org creates best-in-class experiences that help users take control of their health across Healthline.com, MedicalNewsToday.com and Greatist.com. We’re passionate about understanding our users at a deep level and creating lasting relationships with them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager of Content Discovery and Site UX. You'll create a world class site user experience that instills confidence in the Healthline brand and content while inspires actions toward healthier outcomes. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our user base that will inform not simply what content to show a user based on similar topics, but what to surface based on empathy for the underlying need that brought them to our site in the first place.
- 5+ years product management experience, with significant B2C product background.
- You grok (and rock) BOTH user experience and testing to find product/market fit.
- Experience with information architecture, content recommendation and site navigation in both desktop and mobile settings.
- Have successfully owned metrics associated with site engagement for a highly trafficked web property.
- Nice to haves: experience in the health and wellness space, experience with search.
- Create and execute vision and strategy for creating a site experience that connects users with everything Healthline can bring to bear to help their underlying needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our audience with hard data and conversations with users and evangelize those learnings within the organization.
- Maximize value of site real-estate by prioritizing between competing elements with disparate goals.
- Align stakeholders, set the product roadmap, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with business teams, engineers and/or independent contractors to ship high-quality experiences.
- Own and write product specifications and user stories.
- Lead and collaborate on launch and go-to-market strategy.
- Foster a culture of testing, data-driven decision making, and accountability for metrics and results.
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You love owning deep experiences that can profoundly affect user’s well-being.
- You think out of the box to solve complex problems. You make more hypotheses than assumptions and test cheaply to prove or disprove the hypotheses.
- You want to build new products and experiences, not just maintain them.
- You want to be accountable for the customer and the business.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world. These are some of the things that are important to us:
- We own our holistic health and are committed to joyful, healthful lives
- We listen, commit to inclusion, and work to empathize with our co-workers and with everyone in pursuit of health and well-being
- We take accountability for our work and our team’s results
- Continuous improvement in our work and our ability to realize our vision requires passion for innovation, a willingness to fail, and the discipline to measure
- New ideas and different perspectives make us better allies for each person who turns to Healthline
- Also, we’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits