Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
This is a freelance, remote position.
We will consider candidates in any location. Compensation will be article/project based and determined by the scope of work and anticipated publish date. Contributors should be comfortable both pitching content ideas and collaborating with staff editors on assignments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a journalist who loves creating must-read features, quick-turn news pieces, or using data to tell compelling stories? Do you find yourself conceptualizing attention-grabbing headlines that shine a light on new and innovative ideas? Are you excited by the prospect of creating immersive, multimedia content? Do you have a list of experts, contacts, and sources across the health, wellness, science, pharma, and public policy beats?
If the answer is yes, join our team of freelance contributors and help us power the news channel for the fastest growing brand in health.
- 5-7 years of experience working as a reporter, editor, or producer at a major, recognizable media brand
- Experience or strong interest in health, wellness, science, diet, exercise, pharmaceutical industry, public health, etc.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics into relatable, shareable, and link-worthy content
- Excellent research and news gathering skills
- BA in journalism, communications, etc.
- Portfolio of published content
- Experience with photography, video, and infographics/data visualizations is a plus but not required.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world. These are some of the things that are important to us:
- We own our holistic health and are committed to joyful, healthful lives
- We listen, commit to inclusion, and work to empathize with our co-workers and with everyone in pursuit of health and well-being
- We take accountability for our work and our team’s results
- Continuous improvement in our work and our ability to realize our vision requires passion for innovation, a willingness to fail, and the discipline to measure
- New ideas and different perspectives make us better allies for each person who turns to Healthline
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas