At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Engineering Services at HashiCorp is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software, which meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers. Our team members support the Engineering organization by specializing in the areas of Release Engineering, Compliance, Internal Tools, Operations, or Product Delivery. Some of our team is embedded in the product teams while others work on projects around systems and delivery.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Help support open source shared libraries with supportive and constructive code review and contributions, documentation improvements, and workflow changes.
- Architect, build, improve, maintain, and document internal systems.
- Collaborate across internal teams to lead and improve internal tooling and services.
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing, release, and ongoing support.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’re able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems verbally and in written form.
- You have experience writing Go or another strongly typed & statically compiled languages like C/C++.
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help serve the HashiCorp community.
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment.
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You have a willingness and desire to learn.
- You are driven to make iterative improvements as we mature our systems and organization.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect to how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.