HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an authority on a HashiCorp product (Vault, Consul, Terraform, or Nomad), and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational best practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
HashiCorp is a remote-first company headquartered in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools that provide consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
This role is central between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be passionate about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with realistic scenarios that conform to educational methodologies, and documenting examples for others to learn from. Are you passionate about DevOps, microservices, security, teaching, and education? We want you to join our team to publish content internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role you can expect to:
- Create Learn guides for your HashiCorp product and related technologies, including step-by-step, conceptual, and recommended pattern guides.
- Collaborate on, write, and review Learn guides with other Education Engineers.
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff, the open-source community, and our technology partners.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions.
- Identify missing use cases and deployment configurations.
You are a good fit for our team if you have:
- A genuine interest in instructional design, and teaching others how to learn efficiently.
- Experience running command-line applications and developing/deploying services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process and is required to be successful.
- 2+ years of experience in a content-development, or customer-facing, technical role such as technical training, technical writing, technical account management, customer success engineering, or enterprise architecture.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
Optional, but nice to have:
- Experience provisioning cloud infrastructure using Terraform.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes is a bonus.
In your cover letter or résumé, describe your experience producing customer-facing educational materials or documentation. Please include a link to a sample of your writing, a video of a conference presentation you have given, or other content on any technical topic.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-EC1