**Engineering Manager, Vault **
HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
In this role you will be leading a team that is responsible for delivering the Vault product. As a manager in a Vault team you are a key leader responsible for its success, and will be responsible for growing and enabling a distributed team to innovate and deliver open source and enterprise-grade functionality. You will collaborate with Product Management, your team and your peers to deliver with the highest standards of quality and execution.
Much of our work and libraries are open source and receive contributions from a large community of users. The majority of our tools and integrations are written in Go.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering Vault to a fast-growing customer base
- Coach and provide timely, meaningful and effective feedback to the team
- Align individual projects and team initiatives to company strategies
- Work directly with the Vault community and HashiCorp customer to improve the product
- Hire and grow a team in a fast-growing organization
- Ensure high reliability of Vault through thoughtful testing and release practices
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Managed or supported engineers on small or large distributed teams
- Experience with customer support and OSS community support
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- Worked with engineers using, or worked with, low-level programming languages
- Passion for the Unix philosophy, and small, sharp tools
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to Vault role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.