Harvest is an independent software company that makes tools to help businesses run more smoothly. We believe that businesses only succeed by using their time intentionally. Our products support our customers through time tracking, reporting, and forecasting features.
Harvest started in 2006 as a team of three and has grown to today’s current total of just over 55 lovely faces. We’ve worked as a remote team since the beginning and we continue to hire the right people for the job no matter where they call home.
We also strive to create a workplace culture where everyone feels valued, included, and heard. One important aspect of this is continuing to create spaces for diverse life experiences and work histories. If you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech, business, and society in general, we want to meet you and we encourage you to apply.
The Marketing Team and Why We’re Hiring
The Harvest Marketing Team currently consists of our Marketing Lead, one Marketing Manager, and one Marketing Designer. This is a team built on collaboration, not competition. Collectively, the Marketing Team is responsible for introducing Harvest to more people, shaping our brand, and (with other teams) improving our overall customer experience.
We are currently looking for a second Marketing Manager to join us and help increase the ability for this team to take on new projects or initiatives. Our new Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to learn and be mentored by our more senior marketing staff, while also maintaining ownership of specific tasks.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities
- Own all paid marketing channels (Google Ads, Bing Ads, LinkedIn, Quora, podcast ads, etc.) and manage relationship(s) with agency(/ies).
- Own technical SEO.
- Build out and own Google Analytics.
- Manage the reseller program.
- Experiment with new acquisition channels.
- Experiment on the marketing site.
- Prepare and execute customer newsletters.
- Manage organic social media blasts.
This person will also collaborate with the Marketing Team on producing customer stories, creating resource guides and/or written content for the website and blog, managing and executing sponsorships, and collaborating with the Product or Customer Support teams on cross-company projects related to Product communications and customer research.
Experience and Qualifications
You might be a match for this position if you have experience:
- Managing paid marketing channels such as AdWords, Bing, Quora, and LinkedIn. The ideal candidate will have proven success growing ROI via paid marketing channels.
- Working across a variety of marketing channels, including social media (specifically Twitter and LinkedIn), email marketing, content marketing, SEO, etc.
- Managing relationships with external marketing agencies.
- Setting up and managing Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Translating messy data into human-readable analyses. The ideal candidate can make actionable recommendations based on insights from data.
- Working autonomously on projects and effectively communicating about progress or obstacles.
- Working collaboratively across teams such as Product or Customer Service, as well as working directly with designers and engineers.
Though not required, it is a bonus if you have general marketing experience in SaaS or B2B. Or, if you have experience working remotely with fully-distributed teams.
When You Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us::
- Why you want to work at Harvest
- What unique experiences or perspectives you would bring to the team
Also, please answer one of these questions in your cover letter:
- Describe a time when a company’s brand guidelines and growth goals conflicted. How did you navigate this situation? What was the outcome?
- Describe a time when you failed to get alignment on a growth project from key stakeholders. What did you learn?