Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to join our dynamic, growing Software Engineering team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION**
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and Do all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As a Great Minds Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop code on a modern, cloud native tech stack to deliver amazing customer experiences. You'll have the opportunity to design and build tools to scale and enhance our ability to release world-class software products. Your commitments to learning new technologies and how they will impact us in the future will be paramount.
- Participate in architecture, design, and implementation decisions for key components of our platform
- Work closely with engineering team leadership to ensure we're building the best products
- Identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables, and ensure Agile delivery
- Lead code reviews and participate in the development of best practices within the engineering team
- Develop Application code according to User Story Specifications
- Operate as a member of a scrum team
- Coach junior software engineers on the craft of coding
- Write clean, extensible, well-tested code