Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks a Senior Content Specialist, Humanities Standards to join our dynamic Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Senior Content Specialist, Humanities Standards will oversee Great Minds English Language Arts (ELA) standards alignment, correlations and technical documentation and will support the adoptions team in the submissions of ELA/Humanities state adoptions and Requests for Proposal (RFP). This role is an exceptional opportunity for K-12 curriculum & standards experts capable of operating successfully in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and rapid growth environment. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate will work well independently, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Director, Product Management, Humanities
- Bring K-12 education industry experience to support the submission of Great Minds Humanities instructional materials for various State Department of Education approvals, instructional materials adoptions, grants submissions or approval through other third-party organizations.
- Monitor state standards shifts, establish and coordinate processes for gap analysis, and manage product adaptations for alignment to specific standards and adoptions requirements.
- Lead a team that generates and maintains state standards alignment and correlation for Great Minds Humanities’ offerings (Wit & Wisdom, Geodes, and future humanities product lines)
- Build and coordinate relationships with 3rd-party vendors providing correlations & standards alignment services
- Work closely with overall Great Minds adoptions team to anticipate upcoming state adoption requirements and inform humanities team of any necessary updates and curricula modifications for successful approvals
- Evaluate RFPs and state adoption requirements and, in conjunction with humanities curriculum specialists, provide analysis of product fit to inform “Go/No Go” submission decisions
- Contribute to proposals’ submission responses and provide support for other sales-related initiatives
- Collaborate with Product Management on state adoptions strategy and objectives; and inform product roadmap on key requirements for meeting state adoptions goals
- Ensure Great Minds Humanities’ offerings meet state level requirements through clear and on-going communication with the content development teams
- Collaborate with digital development teams on process for multi-state correlation approaches